IMG and LZH files

• Two questions - might be related so I've put them into the same thread but let me know if it makes more sense to split them out.

I have a client that uses Conquest and K-PACS. I've been getting used to how it all works and flows. It's making more sense but it's still a little ethereal.

In the mean time, there are two sets of files he wants to see if it's possible to get to show up as viewable in K-PACS:

1) About 3,500 IMG files that a previous IT person removed from the K-PACS workstation and moved them to a different box for unknown reasons. What are the options to get these to be viewable in K-PACS? I was able to drop some V2 files into data\00000000 folder, for example, to get them viewable but these IMG files aren't viewable by just dropping them into the same folder. Is there an option to import them into K-PACS, etc?

2) About 11,000 LZH files that were moved off of the x-ray workstation; the x-ray workstation stopped sending files to the Conquest/K-PACS workstation and to get it going again the x-ray workstation support technician moved off of x-ray workstation. Do I need to drop them back into x-ray workstation so that they get processed and pushed to Conquest/K-PACS or can I import into K-PACS directly, etc?

Apologies if I don't have the terminology correct through and through; like I said, still trying to get used to the setup and data flow while trying to troubleshoot this.

Thanks
    Jason

• File extensions can be misleading. So, it is hard to say whether your IMG and LZH files will be supported by K-PACS. K-PACS supports only DICOM compliant data, so if these files are actually DICOM files (often but not always used with extension .dcm) then you can use the "Filesystem" option in the study browser to import the data.

Otherwise, K-PACS only offers to import regular image formats, such as JPEG, BMP or TIFF, and convert them to DICOM. This is done using the "Import" feature.

If your objects don't match any of these formats, you won't be successful in importing them into K-PACS. In that case you would need some other tool to read the data or even convert the data into (real) DICOM.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!