1.4.17e maintenance release

• Hi,

there are some bugs in the dicom library in 1.4.17d. This has been fixed here by combining dgate1417d with dicomlib1419alpha2. If you have a Linux release please use the source code in the below download's dicomlib folder to apply the fixes. Otherwise just use the windows executables. Note that this release lacks changes of 1.4.19alpha that are not in the dicom library.

This fix is only if relevance if your 1.4.17d release fails to communicate with a server - this is a known issue for ARIA and VITREA.

Here is the download:
    http://ingenium.home.xs4all.nl…comserver1417e_update.zip

Here is an overview of the changes found in this 1.4.17e:
    1) update mismatched new and delete [] in buffer.cxx, rtc.cxx, farray.thh
    2) accelerate <array> for large queries
    3) context ID of cstore-response does not match the one of incoming c-store.
    4) Aria responds with rejected abstract syntaxes first which are parsed incorrectly
    5) VR type OF (32 bits length) is unsupported; deformable registration object cannot be loaded.
    6) BigEndian is fixed
    7) recent change in aarq breaks c-store from Mirada
    8 ) Vitrea responds to c-store without ImplementationClass which gives error in 1.4.17d (worked by coincidence in 1.4.17)
    9) If encoding short dicom tag with length > 64k make it 'UN'
    10) Added many debug messages to identify sources of failure in dicom library

Marcel

• Hi Marcel,

I just finished testing the new version and it works great and with Vitrea and Efilm ! Thank you.

I have couple notes about new 1.4.17e
    1. Modify the maklinux_mysql file there should be -ldl in compile command
    2. Modify the conquest-pacs.sh. The restart line has hardcoded concuest user. So better if the line will be --chuild $PACSUSER instead of --child conquest
    3. I think the maklinux_mysql the commands cp dgate /usr/lib/cgi-bin should be changed to ln -s so everything will be installed at the same place and dgate and config for it.
    4. Also I modified conquest-pacs.sh name changed it to nconquest-pacs.sh so it's start after mysql .

Thank you,
    Andrey

• Hi Andrey,

thanks for testing and your help with fixing the VITREA bug. I will add your comments to the 1.4.19 bug list. If you feel like it - I would greatly appreciate help with packaging 1.4.19alpha for Linux (adding the new dicomlib updates). As I mentioned the sources in the alpha release are complete and it should be just a matter of adding the correct make scripts. This would unify the release.

regards,

Marcel

• Hi Marcel,

I am not sure that I understand well. You want me copy dicom lib from 1.4.19a to 1.4.17e made changes in the installation scripts and send to you the archive ?

Thank you,
    Andrey

• Hi,

I meant this: take the (new) folder structure of 1.4.19alpha and adapt the 1.4.17d installation script to work with those. In order not to lose our changes the dicomlib update of 1.4.17e would need to go into 1.4.19alpha.

regards,

Marcel

• Hi,

I intend to release a beta next. The server core or Linux part of it should be fine for production, although I have one unsolved dicom communication error. The windows part is changing heavily - it would not be fit for production. I believe it should compile on Centos/Redhat. I can get you a prerelease to work on it. Then you can sort it out ;->>>>

Marcel

• Hi Marcel, was that last message meant for me or flukk3? I'm currently still on 1.4.17c and waiting for 1.4.17e to be ready for production... Assuming 1.4.17e maintence release isn't the official release of e, aka, not ready for production. Please let me know. Thanks! --Tim

• Hi Marcel, in your message are you meaning to say the following (see below)? Because there are only a couple files that start with a c and no files that start with an h. Thanks. --Tim

cd dicomlib
    cp c* /conquest
    cp h* /conquest

Hi,

just download the 1.4.17e update and copy all c* and h* (in dicomlib) into the 1.4.17d release. That should update it.

Marcel

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!