there are some bugs in the dicom library in 1.4.17d. This has been fixed here by combining dgate1417d with dicomlib1419alpha2. If you have a Linux release please use the source code in the below download's dicomlib folder to apply the fixes. Otherwise just use the windows executables. Note that this release lacks changes of 1.4.19alpha that are not in the dicom library.
This fix is only if relevance if your 1.4.17d release fails to communicate with a server - this is a known issue for ARIA and VITREA.
Here is the download:
Here is an overview of the changes found in this 1.4.17e:
1) update mismatched new and delete  in buffer.cxx, rtc.cxx, farray.thh
2) accelerate <array> for large queries
3) context ID of cstore-response does not match the one of incoming c-store.
4) Aria responds with rejected abstract syntaxes first which are parsed incorrectly
5) VR type OF (32 bits length) is unsupported; deformable registration object cannot be loaded.
6) BigEndian is fixed
7) recent change in aarq breaks c-store from Mirada
8 ) Vitrea responds to c-store without ImplementationClass which gives error in 1.4.17d (worked by coincidence in 1.4.17)
9) If encoding short dicom tag with length > 64k make it 'UN'
10) Added many debug messages to identify sources of failure in dicom library