1.4.19alpha release

• Hi Conquest users,

I have repackaged the conquest server including sources for windows users. I have labeled it version 1.4.19alpha, version 1.4.18 was created by a user - but our sources where never merged.

You can download it here:

http://ingenium.home.xs4all.nl…/dicomserver1419alpha.zip

Most reported issues for 1.4.17d have been addressed, but not all yet.

Can you please give it a try? Reporting of issues will be greatly appreciated.

Marcel

• Thanks for this.

ConquestDICOMServer.exe does not run due to missing file "CqDicom.dll"

Runs fine when file is copy-pasted from 1.4.17d

What is the purpose of the ms8 folders in this release?

• Hi Marcel,

The alpha release has been working OK.

However, service wont install because of a missing "DgateServ.exe"

Installs fine when file is copied from previous version but I am not sure whether this might affect the new features in 1.4.19 alpha.

Thanks.

• I will collect issues in 1.4.19alpha that were reported and observed by me here.

1) leftovers from 1.4.17d: change holding message to warning; worklist web code table name case sensitive. In 1.4.19beta
    2) cqdicom.dll, dgateserv.exe are missing in the distribution. In 1.4.19beta
    3) make same distro compilable for Linux
    4) odbc config option of GUI is broken under windows 7; server runs (slow) with sqlexpress 2008, Works in 32 bits when runs as administrator. <Will not fix>
    5) recent change in aarq breaks c-store from Mirada (in 1.4.17e maintenance release)
    6) Vitrea responds to c-store without ImplementationClass which gives error in 1.4.17d (was ignored in 1.4.17) (fixed in 1.4.17e maintenance release)
    7) Modify the maklinux_mysql file there should be -ldl in compile command (Andrey)
    8 ) Modify the conquest-pacs.sh. The restart line has hardcoded conquest user. So better if the line will be --chuild $PACSUSER instead of --child conquest (Andrey)
    9) I think the maklinux_mysql the commands cp dgate /usr/lib/cgi-bin should be changed to ln -s so everything will be installed at the same place and dgate and config for it (Andrey).
    10). Also I modified conquest-pacs.sh name changed it to nconquest-pacs.sh so it's start after mysql (Andrey).
    11) Accelerate deletion. In 1.4.19beta
    12) provide unified scriptable dicom modify utility. In 1.4.19beta
    13) provide progress information to GUI and display it. In 1.4.19beta
    14) provide external logging to command line lua scripting options. In 1.4.19beta
    15) integrate weasis information from Richard Lawrence
    16) process Linux release by Andrey Murakhtaev
    17) WADO region crashes server on non-square images (rows and columns were reversed calculating xtart and ystart, overflow test one pixel off). Fix In 1.4.19beta
    18 ) add support to delete single item from sequence. In 1.4.19beta
    19) AnyPage exceptions test fires on substring e.g. allow nh_top, top also goes through. In 1.4.19beta
    20) open thread counting goes into negative when showing thumbs on web interface. Fix in 1.4.19beta
    21) 32 bits dose data is not correctly converted to bitmap; Fix in 1.4.19beta
    22) rescale level/window for WADO not fully implemented. Better in 1.4.19beta
    23) new fully scripted web interface alternative. In 1.4.19beta
    24) 1.4.17e breaks ARIA again??? 1.4.19alpha works.
    25) add LittleEndianExplicit to GUI connecting to dgate
    26) newweb doesn't like patientid with spaces in it.
    27) Anton Iarkin: Maklinux_mysql: At the end of g++ string to be the -ldl option
    28 ) idem: Maklinux_postgresql: Link to libraries should be /usr/include/postgresql, but not /usr/local/pgsql/include and at the end of g++ string to be the -ldl option.
    (I tested conquestlinux1417d in Ubuntu 14.04.) If it helps, I'll be happy. Thank you for "Conquest"!
    29) reorganized menu for clarity. In 1.4.19beta
    30) JpegLS in dgate and dicomserver files. In 1.4.19beta.
    31) Better browser speed, only show image when asked. In 1.4.19beta
    32) Use new anonymizer and change patient ID through --modify:. In 1.4.19beta
    33) New move options from popup menu in GUI (In 1.4.19beta)
    33) ExportAnonymousZIP at 4 level. In 1.4.19beta
    34) Enable/disable menu items according to image visibility in browser.In 1.4.19beta.
    35) GUI show **working** and #images; go back to this/next record at refresh. In 1.4.19beta.
    36) Show DICOM file in explorer; ImportExportDragAndDrop default to 1.vIn 1.4.19beta.
    37) Added keyboard keys to GUI. In 1.4.19beta.
    38 ) Export seems to export with stored compression; export does not provide progress information; progress and uncompress in 1.4.19beta
    39) Lossy jpegLS must be fixed, now works lossless. Wont fix: the default 95% is just to close to lossless
    40) Use script to convert image into displayable for more flexibility; in 1.4.19beta
    41) Improve safety of sqlite by regular flushing
    42) block/warn odbc for 64 bit (32 bit works on windows7). Hint in 1.4.19beta
    43) sort databases in browser (in 1.4.19beta); limit unfiltered patient list to 10000 in 1.4.19beta
    44) JpegLS crash on image where highest value exceeds BitsStored
    45) Check these changes: 20140608 mvh Added BYTE PCid to CStoreRSP::Write; This change is under review: pcid does not seem to get the right value
    46) MySQL change errno from unsigned int * to unsigned int; fix by cast both sides in 1 4.19beta.

In the 1.4.17e maintenance release are:
    1) update mismatched new and delete [] in buffer.cxx, rtc.cxx, farray.thh
    2) accelerate <array> for large queries
    3) context ID of cstore-response does not match the one of incoming c-store.
    4) Aria responds with rejected abstract syntaxes first which are parsed incorrectly
    5) VR type OF (32 bits length) is unsupported; deformable registration object cannot be loaded.
    6) BigEndian is fixed
    7) recent change in aarq breaks c-store from Mirada
    8 ) Vitrea responds to c-store without ImplementationClass which gives error in 1.4.17d (worked by coincidence in 1.4.17)
    9) If encoding short dicom tag with length > 64k make it 'UN'
    10) Added many debug messages to identify sources of failure in dicom library

Marcel

• Hi Marcel

I tried to install and configure the latest release to give it a test run. Everything went fine during the installation as well as configuration part. But on BROWSE PATIENT Tab i get following error [Microsoft][OBDC Driver Manager] Data Source Name not found and no default driver specified. Error Screenshot attached

I am using Microsoft Windows 7 and mysql as Database. When i query the database i can see the records of patient available but they are not view able on screen using application.

Firstly if possible , please do provide the updated User Manual as the Manuals under the Manual folder are old Manual and there is lot of difference in the current release and previous one both in terms of GUI and definitely functionality.

Secondly, please do provide the fixes and features that are in cooperated in this release.

--HM

• My dicom.ini file is pasted below:-

# This file contains configuration information for the DICOM server
    # Do not edit unless you know what you are doing

[sscscp]
    MicroPACS = sscscp
    Edition = Personal

# Network configuration: server name and TCP/IP port#
    MyACRNema = HPACS
    TCPPort = 104

# Reference to other files: known dicom servers; database layout; sops
    ACRNemaMap = acrnema.map
    kFactorFile = dicom.sql
    SOPClassList = dgatesop.lst

# Host, database, username and password for MySql database
    SQLHost = localhost
    SQLServer = HPACS
    Username = root
    Password = 1111
    MySql = 1
    DoubleBackSlashToDB = 1
    UseEscapeStringConstants = 0

# Configure database
    TruncateFieldNames = 10
    MaxFieldLength = 254
    MaxFileNameLength = 255
    FixPhilips = 0
    FixKodak = 0
    KeepAlive = 0
    LargeFileSizeKB = 100000
    PrintSquareLandscape = 0
    UseKpacsDecompression = 1
    ZipTime = 05:
    UIDPrefix = 1.2.826.0.1.3680043.2.135.735812.82623288
    EnableReadAheadThread = 1
    PatientQuerySortOrder =
    StudyQuerySortOrder =
    SeriesQuerySortOrder =
    ImageQuerySortOrder =
    EnableComputedFields = 1
    IndexDBF = 1
    PackDBF = 0
    LongQueryDBF = 1000
    TCPIPTimeOut = 300
    FailHoldOff = 60
    RetryDelay = 100
    RetryForwardFailed = 0
    ImportExportDragAndDrop = 0
    QueueSize = 128
    WorkListMode = 0
    WorkListReturnsISO_IR_100 = 1
    DebugLevel = 0
    Prefetcher = 0
    LRUSort =
    AllowTruncate =
    DecompressNon16BitsJpeg = 1
    UseBuiltInJPEG = 1
    LossyQuality = 95
    IgnoreOutOfMemoryErrors = 0
    NoDICOMCheck = 0
    PadAEWithZeros = 0
    AllowEmptyPatientID = 0
    FileNameSyntax = 4

# Configuration of compression for incoming images and archival
    DroppedFileCompression = un
    IncomingCompression = un
    ArchiveCompression = as

# Names of the database tables
    PatientTableName = DICOMPatients
    StudyTableName = DICOMStudies
    SeriesTableName = DICOMSeries
    ImageTableName = DICOMImages
    WorkListTableName = DICOMWorkList
    DMarkTableName = DICOMAccessUpdates
    RegisteredMOPDeviceTable = RegisteredMOPIDs
    UIDToMOPIDTable = UIDToMOPID
    UIDToCDRIDTable = UIDToCDRID

# Banner and host for debug information
    PACSName = HPACS
    OperatorConsole = 127.0.0.1

# Configure email of error messages
    MailHost =
    MailPort = smtp
    MailSignon =
    MailFromName =
    MailRcptName1 =
    MailCollectTime = 1
    MailWaitTime = 10

# Configuration of disk(s) to store images
    MAGDeviceThreshhold = 0
    MAGDeviceFullThreshHold = 30
    IgnoreMAGDeviceThreshold = 0
    MAGDevices = 1
    MAGDevice0 = E:\images\
    NightlyCleanThreshhold = 0

• Marcel, have available the alpha version for linux? it is already compatible with postgresql 9.2? Tested on windows and noticed an improvement in stability, however I wanted to test on Linux where I am more accustomed :D

• Hi,

a user (Andrey) helped with the required Linux makefiles etc, but it will be integrated into a next release. I can attach his changes if you want to help and test it. I have not yet had time.

Marcel

• I am facing some issue of slow response and application hanging in new alpha release.

The scenario is like this :-

1. Copied dicom studies zip files and uncompressed in Conquest incoming folder (size almost 5GB)
    2. Push Dicom Studies (uncompressed size almost 2 GB) using dcm4chee toolkit
    3. Push Dicom Studies (uncompressed size almost 2 GB) again using dcm4chee toolkit
    4. Push Dicom Studies (uncompressed size almost 650 MB) using EFILM
    5. Push Dicom Studies (uncompressed size almost 1 GB) using MAYAM
    6. Push Dicom Studies (uncompressed size almost 1 GB) using Clear Canvas Workstation
    7. Query and Retrieve studies from conquest using MAYAM, EFILM, KODAK MXR, VITREA , Clear canvas and Weasis (via web interface)

And sometimes i also get this error message on server console :
    "[PACS] ***VR:ReAlloc out of memory allocating 1342177280 bytes
    [PACS] ***A fatal error occurred (out of memory) - closing server";

I restarted the server by clicking on "KILL AND RESTART SERVER" but no success until i close the whole application and start the application again.

At the time of error CPU utilization was around 45% and RAM used was around 55% to 75%.

But same test works fine with the older versions.

--HM

• Yes they are same. No changes in the dicom.ini file.

These large images are of DX and Mammo. Even i simply unzip these images and placed even single image in incoming folder i get the same error and even by sending via dcm4chee toolkit. When i send these Mammo images to Mayam using dcm4chee toolkit and throw the images from its archive to Server console the server accepts the same images. WHY IS THAT????

I test this with all the images that give me error like Nuclear Medicine Images, Mammoo, DX and CR.

--HM

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!