New member from Film industry

• Hi there. I'm new to this website, so hello :)
    My name is Harsh Borah and I have a totally different agenda to be here. I am a 3d artist working in film VFX industry. If you guys have seen recent film Guardians of the Galaxy or Paddington, I modeled the Rocket raccoon character using computer graphics. I am a character modeler and I create a lot of characters and creatures based on real life Animals. Hence I have to do a lot of reseach and study in human/animal anatomy. You may see some of my works on y website here harshcg.tumblr.com

I have been recently reading lot of CT scans and that has helped me understand animal anatomy in depth, in terms of musculature, form and internal bone structure. I have been able to find some Dicom files on humans, but its been hard to find good dicom files for animals such as Dog, Cat, Wolf and such. It would be great if you can help me understand what's this Vet Pacs and how does it work. I have tried installing Vet-View and Vet-WebX but unable to use it.
    Can you share some detailed high resolution CT scans of animals that you may have used for research? Or can you please help me through how can I find some good examples to study.

The software that I have been using to view these dicom files in volume rendering is 3D Slicer Pro. Is there any there software to view and extract better 3d models?
    The quality I am looking to study is something like these...
    http://www.izw-berlin.de/computed-tomography.html

Thanks for reading and hope I can learn a lot from you medical pros here :)

• Hello harshcg

This is really a new angle that you are coming from.

Generally, we provide products for radiological practices, radiology departments of hospitals and imaging centers. Their purpose is to provide functionality to create, process, store and distribute radiological images. We are not a provider of imaging material. In fact, we cannot hand out much of the material as it contains sensitive patient data and has to be protected accordingly.

Our products VET-VIEW and VET-WEBX are used by veterinary radiologists to view and process radiological imaging data and to store/archive and distribute this data in their medical network.

I'm not sure how much it will help you, but you can download some demo images from our website's download center. See section "Demo Images". You need to login with your forum accout to access the data. But remember that we provide this data mostly for our resellers so that they can use appropriate data when demoing our products. So, often you will only see parts of the human or animal body and not the entire body. There are also no 3D reconstructions like you found on the IZW Berlin website, although similar reconstructions can be produced with our professional products, such as iQ-3D (not K-PACS, though).

Hope that helps a little.

• Harsh
    You may want to try someone at the University of Guelph, in Ontario.
    They have a vet school and I'll bet someone in that department has an interest in CT of animals and could perhaps provide the Dicom files.
    I am a radiologist in Toronto, so humans only for me!

William Magnuson

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!