Connect YES - Retrieve NO

• Hi, I hope you can help me....:

Server :
    Hostname: imco01 / W2003 / Firewall off / Port 104 / 192.168.100.20
    Client:
    Hostname:ws / W7x64 pro/ Firewall off / Port 12345 / 192.168.100.222
    Echo-Test in Dicom-Configuration ((K-Pacs) works with success.

My client can find the patient-names from the server database
    (I type a Patient Name and "search".
    But when I try to retrieve or open pictures I get an retrieve-error.
    Durig retrieve K-Pacs says ((I type on "Transfer" and click on "imco01") I get the message:
    MOVE IMAGES FROM IMCO01 TO IMCO01 IN PROGRESS (!!!!!!!!!)
    A Minute later I get an retrieve error.
    What´s wrong?
    Regards from Germany!

Jens

• Hi Jens

I don't really understand why you click on "Transfer". I thought you wanted to retrieve images from station "imco01" into the K-PACS database? It looks to me like you are trying to move the images from "imco01" to "imco01". Which, of course, will not retrieve any images into K-PACS and also does not make much sense, since the images already exist on "imco01".

Please check if the follow the procedure below, because this is how you retrieve images from another DICOM node into the local K-PACS database:

- First of all, you have added the DICOM configuration of the respective DICOM node under "DICOM settings".
    - In the study browser you switch to the "Network" tab.
    - There you should see your DICOM node listed. You enable this node by ticking the checkbox.
    - You enter your search criteria, e.g. patient name.
    - You click "Search". The respective results are shown.
    - You select the study/studies you wish to retrieve by marking the checkbox in front of the entry (line in the table).
    - Afterwards you click the "Viewer" button to retrieve and load the studies.

Is that what you do? If not, please try it this way.

• I'm also having the same problems. I've installed the v 1.6.0 on newer computers in our office that run Windows 7 and I made sure all the settings are the same as they were on the previous computers but it only brings up the list of studies, never the images, and I can't burn to a disc either. The previous computers we used ran windows XP and used the KPACS v 1.5.0

Is the operating system to blame for the problems getting started on the newer version of KPACS? Is there a driver that could be downloaded/installed or should I just rely on the old computer to get done what I need to do?

• It's true that K-PACS was not developed with the new operating systems, such as Windows 7 or 8/8.1 in mind. But, obviously, there are lots of people out there who got K-PACS 1.6.0 running on such systems, so it does not seem to be a general issue.

But sure, the new OS bring some challenges for software due to their advanced security measures, such as the UAC. As a consequence, it's always best to install K-PACS in a "free" folder, for instance directly under C:, because access to some other folders (like the Program Files folder) is limited for users.

If you have issues retrieving images from another station, check the configuration, check that ports are free, that the K-PACS server component is running, that the database and imagebox folders exist and are linked correctly, that firewalls and such do not interfere, etc. Use the logs of the communication peers to search for hints regarding the failures.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!