Can't send files to K pacs

• I am using a server that is able to send dicom images to the PACS at my hospital but I can't send it to a computer with K Pacs that is on the same network. I gave it the server the correct IP and AET and port of the KPacs computer. I am able to ping the KPACs computer from the server. I turned off the firewall on the kpacs computer but that didn't help. I chose verbose mode with kpacs but nothing appeared in the command window. Do I have to tell the kpacs software to accept connections from my server and if so how do I do that.
    I am running kpacs on windows 7. I have been told that it works on windows 7. I also tried it on the windows xp virtual machine but it didn't work with that either.

• Some questions and items to consider:

- Does a C-ECHO also work in both directions, or only the network ping?
    - Is the KPserver.exe running? If not, is the imagebox/database set up correctly? Remember the "\" at the end of the path.
    - Did you check the sending server's log file for hints regarding the failing communication? This may help in figuring out the issue.
    - Does K-PACS have a unique AE title within the network?
    - Is K-PACS installed under C:\Program Files (x86)? If so, try installing it in a directory where no administrator permissions are needed to run the software correctly. Otherwise try running K-PACS and the KPServer.exe with administrator permissions ("run as administrator").

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!