kpacs and conquest on same machine

• Conquest doesn't technically need to be installed in the traditional setup.exe (or .msi) fashion. I would speculate that both packages could co-exist on the same machine - you'd just need to make sure that the listening port# is setup differently. For example they both wouldn't be able to listen to the standard DICOM port (104) at the same time.

I'm also a little confused - kpacs was developed/released a long time ago when windows 2000 was the main OS - my understanding is that it runs on XP, but it can't run on more modern operating systems such as windows Vista, win 7, nor win 8 (http://forum.image-systems.biz/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=43417). Is there something I'm missing for how you intend to install on win 7?

• Hi,

conquest uses two ports: default 5678 for DICOM and 1111 for the GUI logging. It will coexist with anything as long as these ports are available, i.e., the DICOM port of conquest (default 5678) and KPACS (default 104) need to be different.

Marcel

• But why want to run kpacs and conquest on same machine ?

KISS keep it simple.

I was not able to get kpacs or conquest to run on windows 8.1.

I will test them ( kpacs and conquest ) on windows 7 soon and report back.

i am retired age 73 but still have keen interest .

i may have an Xp machine in the attic. If so, I will get it running again, for historical reasons.

As I recall kpacs was rock solid on Xp. I never could get conquest running on Xp.

thank you to the developers of kpacs and conquest.

• Hi,

to install conquest on windows 7 and 8.1 you have to run it as administrator during installation. Otherwise I know of no issues (sqlite database, installed in c:\dicomserver). It runs fine on xp. I cannot comment on the free version of kpacs, I have not installed it in a while.

Marcel

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!