Transfer Data

• Hi Marcel,

I was having some issues with my workstation that has the Conquest on it. (It sends to the NAS) I didn't notice it until today but the dicom.ini file changed on its own

It was missing this below so I added it back and it's working fine again:
    ImportExportDragandDrop = 1
    ImportConverter0 = storage MAG1

All of the data was being saved locally. So, this caused an issue with so much data on the workstation. (275GB used out of 500GB now)

I want to make sure that I do this correctly to move these files back onto the NAS where the images are stored: (I can query the information of course but if the workstation HDD fails so do these images.)

Stop the Conquest services, Copy all studies from the "data folder" (except dbase and Printer...) place it into the NAS directory to where the rest of the data is saved? If I restart the services, Conquest should recognize them?

Also, I noticed inside the "dbase folder" there are about 10 dicom strings listed from a particular date, can I move them out as well into the NAS directory?

Thank you for your time Marcel.

• Hi,

if you change dicom.ini while the GUI is open, a later save of settings from the GUI before it is closed will overwrite your changes, maybe that happened.

The dbase folder contains, if the server is local (sqlite, dbase) - the database as well. Otherwise extracts from teh database for the GUI are stored thete.

The easiest way to move all the data is the Nightly move option. If at 02:00 at night the disk space is less than NightlyMoveThreshhold MB, patients are moved from MAG0 to this location (e.g. MAG1). Note: a mirror of the target
    will not be used. Uses dgate option –am.

The option can be configured from the first page of the GUI. Set the trehold to 500000 or so and the target to MAG1.

Marcel

• Thank you for the reply Marcel! I make sure to stop the service when I make a change to the ini file.

I will do what you suggested but I will post what the configuration I have in the dicom.ini file after changing in the GUI.

Another question: I'm sort of confused why certain studies are sent to MAG0 when it's configured for MAG1. Is there some sort of setting I'm missing?

Is this correct for the threshhold?

# Configuration of disk(s) to store images
    MAGDeviceThreshhold = 0
    MAGDeviceFullThreshHold = 30
    IgnoreMAGDeviceThreshold = 0
    MAGDevices = 2
    MAGDevice0 = C:\users\archive\downloads\dicomserver1417\data\
    MAGDevice1 = \\diskstation\archive\dbase\images\
    NightlyCleanThreshhold = 0
    NightlyMoveThreshhold = 500000
    NightlyMoveTarget = MAG1

Thank you very much Marcel.

• Thank you as always Marcel, I appreciate the assistance.

I don't see more than one ImportExportDragDrop line. I'll copy/paste below the dicon.ini file again below, I just copied/paste from the dicom.ini file from the directory.

Something that I found strange is that between 2014/09/17 to 2014/10/18 all of the studies went into the workstation directory. I deleted them (as a test) and resent a few randomly today and they went back into that directory. But, all new studies went directly to the NAS. I did find one new study go to the workstation directory though.

In the morning I will check the workstation directory to see if the images are moved over automatically. If they do, then I won't be concerned.

MAGDeviceThreshhold = 0
    MAGDevices = 2
    NightlyMoveTarget = MAG1

Thanks again Marcel.

• Hi Marcel,

I wanted to post back on my findings after monitoring for a few days.

The Nightlymove is working since I see them in the logs. But I did notice the HDD size drop again since certain studies still are placed onto the workstation.

I do see this message below (All different .dcm files of course) in the Maintenance log file each day which runs halfway down the .txt file. Is this anything to be concerned about?

10/30/2014 2:00:23 AM [CONQUESTSRV1] ***Unable to determine size of file: 'C:\users\archive\downloads\dicomserver1417\data\dbase\1.2.392.200036.9116.4.1.6288.13906\1.2.392.200036.9116.4.1.6288.13906.10002\1.2.392.200036.9116.4.1.6288.13906.10.2001.18.554566365.dcm'

Thanks again Marcel,

Chaz

• Hi Chaz,

I would say it is trying to move data that is not in the correct place. It will retry this every night. Have you inspected this patient?

If the HD is filling up again, is the storage command still in place in dicom.ini?

Marcel

• Hi Marcel,

Oddly, the nightly move no longer runs at night, for about a week now. I no longer see the maintenance log listed in the daily log file. The configuration is still listed and the local HDD space is filling up again. Most studies go to MAG1 but some will continue to go to the local HDD. Very strange.

I'll paste the config for it below that I just copied. I triple checked and settings seem fine.

MAGDeviceThreshhold = 0
    MAGDevices = 2

NightlyMoveTarget = MAG1

I did investigate the patient from the error that listed but I don't see anything abnormal. I could try moving it manually?

Thanks again Marcel.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!