HOW to use Kpacs server on windows 7 [SOLVED]

• Hello,
    I'm a vet, and I'm using Kpacs on my computer to receive DICOM RX from my RX. Everything was OK under windows XP.
    Now I have a new PC under windows 7. I managed to install KPACS. Using compatibility mode and start as admin in properties, KPACS server seems to be started when I look into KPACS config.
    But when I look into process I don't see any KPacs, and it does not work.

Can someone help me ? or is it impossible to make it work.

• Thank you for responding so soon.
    KPACs executable works fine (I can browse my local database, and view) but the DICOM server component does not work. I'm pretty sure there might be a way to make it work.
    So if anyone has ideas, it's welcome.

• Some suggestions without guarantees:

- Check that the port, on which the K-PACS DICOM server component is supposed to run, is not in use by another application or service and that it is not blocked by a firewall.
    - Check that both, "Database" and "Imagebox" path end with a backslash ("\") in the server administration tool.
    - Set the KPServer.exe into "Compatibility mode" as well and set the executable to "run as administrator".
    - Disable the system's UAC (user account control).

• Quote from Sabine Stridde

Some suggestions without guarantees:

- Check that the port, on which the K-PACS DICOM server component is supposed to run, is not in use by another application or service and that it is not blocked by a firewall.
    - Check that both, "Database" and "Imagebox" path end with a backslash ("\") in the server administration tool.
    - Set the KPServer.exe into "Compatibility mode" as well and set the executable to "run as administrator".
    - Disable the system's UAC (user account control).

With your help I managed to make it work.
    The only problem left is that I had to disable windows firewal. I was not able to make it work with the firewall enabled.
    here are the rules created (for tcp connections) :
    https://drive.google.com/file/…JNXg4MmM/edit?usp=sharing

• That's good news.

Generally, the Windows firewall will pop up by itself (at least I've experienced this many times with iQ-VIEW) and ask whether the server should be allowed to communicate or blocked. Afterwards, everything always worked fine.

If you set up exceptions in the firewall for all these executables, it should generally work. Make sure to do this as an inbound rule. But, judging from the screenshot, it's exactly what you did. It may also help to explicitly add the K-PACS server port (by default 104) to the exceptions list.

Are you in a domain network? In that case, special rules may apply. Contact your network administrator for additional advice.

• So Now it works well.
    I don't know what step was missing but may be reboot the dicom server did the trick. I also reassign authorisation to public documents (excuse me for the poor english).
    Thanks Again.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!