Update 1.4.17d released

• Hello Marcel
    I started setting up conquest server on local network in order to connect other PC's that have conquest as clients to access database and images stored on main server. so for example here is my setup:

Code
    client1 client2 \ / MainServer / \ client3 client4

so all those clients get connected to servers database and images to have different operations done on them for example: like print some images and forward some images by manually.
    and problem I'm having is server responses very slow sometimes and even gives "not responding" message on clients end. meanwhile web interface is smooth no problem trough local network.
    here is my setup: Network is done trough Gigabit compatible Router and switch with Cat6 cables.
    all PC are running Win7 pro and are part of workgroup. Main server is Win7 pro also running on intel i5, 20GB ram, OS is installed on 7200RPM 500GB HDD, and gigabit network card, conquest server 1.4.17d, MySQL database.

Client Dicom.ini

could you pls tell me if there is something wrong with my setup? thanks

• Hi Marcel
    would removing mirroring from clients end will improve perfomance? I don't think would be possible for me to have exact copies of 4TB of images for all clients. I only see network the best way to do what we need to do everyday work. so my dicom.ini looks correct for that setup? thanks

• Quote from giozera

Hi Marcel
    would removing mirroring from clients end will improve perfomance? I don't think would be possible for me to have exact copies of 4TB of images for all clients. I only see network the best way to do what we need to do everyday work. so my dicom.ini looks correct for that setup? thanks

Hi Giozera. I'm self add to the discussion again, sorry for my intrusion.
    I'm a bit confued about your set-up.
    If I understand correctly (in your example) you are using a Conquest main server and 4 separated Conquest server used as some sort of "Dicom Client".
    All this systems are connected together by a Gigabit class LAN and the database server is shared over all 4 clients + main server.
    About storage, all the images are stored in a central NAS shared over the network and they are mirrored over a second NAS.

In this Way every client can see and access to all the images stored over the Main server without need to mirror It locally.

Can I ask why this kind of solution ?

In my installation site I'm using a local 2 Tb HDD Raid as MAG0 and 8 Tbyte over a NAS as MAG1 and when I access to the images stored over MAG1 unit the speed isn't so fast than MAG 0 unit. Of course the performances depends on the NAS characteristics but sharing a lot of files trought network cause network protocol overhead.
    A better performance solution is based by using a DAS array instead of NAS, but in your installation this can't solve the problem al all.

Could be feasable to use one Central Conquest server and "n" clients made by Dicom Gateways (of course by using Conquest but without local storage of the images) ?

Sorry for my stupid question but I'm curious about that :-)

Best regards, Davide.-

• Hello Davide
    you are more than welcome to join discussion anytime that's why are forums for :)
    So the setup that I have right now is because my stuff who do analyze all those new images coming in have automated generated reports that needs to be printed to attach to our radiology's pack system and forward necessary images to right radiology(when I said print reports we don't actually print on hard paper we use print function on GUI and use CutePDF writer to save them as PDF files and then attach them as PDF, saves lots of paper and time for me). forwarding is done trough web interface, but printing is done from conquest GUI, and I figured having one main server with database and all images on one place and let clients access them when needed would be efficient way to do everyday work. am I answering your question?
    But I've been troubleshooting my network few days already and found out that my main server's network adapter is working in half duplex mode for some reason and I think this what causes clients to get hanging when lots of them are accessing data on server at the same time. so now I'm trying to resolve that problem, may be my network adapter is faulty and needs replacement. and I've thought for another solution I don't know how well this work but I got to try. I found this network storage server which has 4 gigabit network ports that can be connected to network switch at the same time and has really high speed for read and write (Synology America DiskStation 8-Bay Network Attached Storage DS1813+) so putting those images on this high speed storage on network in full duplex network would be pretty fast in my opinion to access for all clients and main server too.

• Hi Giozera.
    Thanks for you answer. I'm very impressed about your set-up.
    I'm using Conquest basically as Dicom file server (like a PACS) to store thousands of images every day after they were reconstructed and reviewed thought a medical workstation.
    Every time we transfer images from or to Conquest to comply daily activityes. This is a very simple case use.
    In your set-up you are using conquest both as server and application software, so I think you have done a greath job until now by using a lot of Conquest Functionalityes like database and image archive sharing, and by virtualizing PACS concept.
    I think that the best definition about your set-up is very similar to a "Conquest Cloud" !

Now about speed I unfortunately never used Conquest in that way, so I cannot help you to improve performances.
    In this case use the network is the most important thing, so you have to check if there are too much packet collisions and CRC errors during communication (there are several network protocol analyzer software to monitoring network activity and check if everything is going well).

About your NAS I'm sure is a very good system, but usually network drives doesn't take advantages of server RAM cache during file system transactions, so I think it's normal have less performances that by using DAS or internal HDDs.

I'm sorry. I can't be useful this time !

Davide.

• Hi Marcel. I have a 'little' request for you.

In our organization we use a Worklist server to simplify the transcription of the patient data (name, surname, age an so on).
    Our Worklist Server interpose the ' ^ ' letter to separate Name and Surname (eg. DON^JOHN instead of DON JOHN).
    Unfortunately sometimes happens that we need to insert patient data manually and we forgot to insert the separator as before by using the spacebar (this is the natural uman writing method).

When we need to do some DICOM query the response could hide all the patients separated by ' ^ ' or speparated by the carachter space.

There is a way to tell to Conquest to consider ' ^ ' and ' space bar ' equivalents and then obtain a complete Dicom response ?

I know that inside a DICOM query I could use Jolly carachters ' ? ' or ' * ' but isn't so confortable. And in the web queryes theese characters cannot be used.

If not could be a "useful" feature to be introduced in the future ?

Thanks in advance, Davide.

• Hi Davide,

the most appropriate method to get this behavior would be to script it. All queries (QueryConverter0) and their responses (QueryResponseConverter0) can be filtered by e.g. lua scripts to do whatever you want.

Marcel

• Hi Everyone!
    I have a question about Conquest on the linux system. When I extract a conquestlinux1417d.tar.gz to a folder then I have no idea what to do when I want to run and open Conquest Dicom Serwer. On the windows system I have a file (exactly ConquestDICOMServer.ext) to run this. Can anybody help me?

Regards to All :)

• Hi,

the server is a an executable (dgate) you build according to instuctions in the PDF document. To run it start a console and type ./dgate. You can e.g., test it from the web interface: "http://localhost:cgi-bin/dgate?mode=top". There are some install scripts as well, but I have not written those.

Marcel

• I have 1.4.17alpha running on Linux (Fedora 17), with ~2M images, with MySQL. I want to cold install Fedora 20 with MySQL, and run the latest 1.4.17d, with same data mount points (from external software RAID array), after a full backup.

1.4.17d compiled fine and tested fine on a Fedora20 test machine.

After cold install, since MySQL tables will be blank after cold install, I plan to do "dgate -r" to re-initialize database tables, and this could take a while. Is this the only recommended option?

Sundar

• Hello
    have another issue that I'd like to report.
    my setup is Windows 7 pro, conquest 1.4.17d, MySQL, Network Storage (Raid 10)
    problem: when I use conquest GUI and i switch to Database Browser it gives me the following error: cannot open File: XADICOMPATIENTS.DBF (see Image attached)
    as I understand since MySQL is the database why would it still look for that file? it is random but happens very often and to fix it I have to restart conquest or sometimes switching tabs may fix.
    thanks

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!