Export Images to Local Drive

• I am confused as how to export images to the local drive?? When you highlight the study you want to export and click "export" on the left hand side it brings up 3 options. 1)send by email, 2)copy to directory, or 3)burn on cd/dvd. I want to do option 2 copy to directory, however, when I click that it does not allow for me to choose where I want to store my images. When I do finally get them onto my C: into my documents folder I created (by no way I can even explain) it stores 2 copies of each image (one is a bitmap and one is a Dicom File) but does not create a DICOMDIR. So it is not possible to view the study together but instead each image separately. Why? How can I create the DICOMDIR to be able to view the study normally, with all the images together, back to back? If the study has 65 images, you have to open 65 different windows. Why? and How can this be changed? Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks so much!

• If you want to export your studies with a DICOMDIR choose option 3 (export to medium/ burn). In the burn dialog you've got 3 options to export your data. The rightmost button at the bottom is for burning cds/ dvds. To the left you find a "Create project" button. The third one is for sending the data to iQ-ROBOT.

If you want to export to your hard drive, go for the "Create project" option. A folder will be created with a corresponding DICOMDIR and all your data. The location of your projects is defined by the project folder edit control in the settings group box. Here you can edit the path manually or open up a directory selector. This project creation option is intended for putting projects on usb sticks or burn them with a locally installed burn application.

I understand your confusion about the "copy to directory" functionality on the export button. At the moment it is intended to open up the folder in your local database so you can copy the data manually. But we have already changed that behavior in the next iQ-VIEW version. The copy to directory menu item will then open a target directory selector.

• Ok, so I think you are talking about iQ-View. Is this correct? I should have specified in the original post, but I am referencing the KPacs software. Does this still apply? Because option 3 is literally "burn on cd/dvd". It doesn't say export to medium/burn. Thank you so much for your help and continuing help. :)

• Yes, it's basically the same in K-PACS. And the third option you found would indeed be the one you are looking for.

Things are usually named a bit different in iQ-VIEW and K-PACS. The iQ-LITE CD viewer you can burn onto the media with iQ-VIEW is more advanced than what you get in K-PACS. And iQ-VIEW in general is further enhanced, includes more features, has lots of bugs fixed that may still populate K-PACS, etc.

• I have read these posts but still have a problem. Trying to export DICOM images and KPACS lite reader onto a CD. I select the images and click "Export"->"Burn to CD/DVD". The "CD/DVD Creator" window opens and I click "Burn to CD/DVD." The window says I need 56 MB of space. I get a message "Data will not fit on the medium." Any ideas? I not others have seen this message but I dont see a solution.

Do I need a 3d party CD burning software (i.e. Nero or other) installed on the computer? If so, how does KPACS know to access the 3d party software? Do I need to create the DICOM files in Imagebox first and then burn those folders to CD? If I do that, how do I get the reader onto the CD? Do i need to format the CD first?

Thank you!
    Steve

• Hello Steve,

you are probably talking about the following problem:

3011: Cannot burn portable media despite sufficient available memory on media
    1166: problems reading in the medium in medium creator with consequences

Let me quote from the bug reports.

We did a major overhaul of the burn process in upcoming version iQ-VIEW 3.0.

I hope the explanation for your observed behavior will improve your experience with K-PACS nevertheless.

• Quote from Parslov

Will I be able to setup KPACS or iQ-view to automatically export incoming files to a local drive?

No, that is not possible.

If you clarify your intention or desired workflow we might find another option to resolve your issue.

• I want to import ultrasound pictures in DICOM format - labelled with a personal ID number - to a local server (KPACS , iQ?). Save the file - under the ID-number - in a directory from where, the medical management system we use (NOVAX) automatically can import it as i.e. JPG. Unfortunately NOVAX cannot handle DICOM format. Optimally the proces should be automized as far as possible.

Does that make sense? Thanks in advance!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!