VIDAR Diagnostic Scanner and IQVIEW PRO

• Hello, I am trying to install a VIDAR Diagnostic PRO digitizer. After installing the drivers for USB from the install CD....I have found VIDAR TWAIN 5.2 drivers at vidar, and have installed them also. IQVIEW recognizes and initiates the scanner, but fails to transfer the image to the import application. I get the error "General failure in response to DAT_IMAGEMEMXFER, bad protocal error" I have tried to change the ini. to each different transfer modi, but it still does not work. Any ideas, or can you point out what I have done wrong? Thanks.
    Chad

• Hi Chad,
    there is a compatibility mode that you can turn on in the iQ-View.ini

Set the entry "ImageFolder2Scan=" in "TwainSettings" to a folder like "c:\temp\".
    Then start iQ-View, go to "import" and "twain". Select your Vidar scanner and set up the scanner dialog to write images as bmp or better TIFF to the very same folder. Now the scanner writes images into this folder and iQ-View reads it from here automatically. If you still have problems feel free to contact IIS support team.

regards,
    Andreas

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!