• Hi,

just switch server to jpeg 2000 losless and DCM fileformat and send data to itself, or use dgate "--modifystudy:patientid,studyuid,nop" in a batch script.

But be careful and have a good backup and perform small scale tests, jpeg 2000 is not so robust yet.

Marcel

• Hello

We are moving about 4GB every night to a second drive (archive). Compression on first drive was mostly NKI, now it is J2K.
    After release of 1.4.16 nightly moving of studies from first to second drive using J2K as archive compression did not work - "could not recompress" error message.
    Does the recompress function now work for archive compression aswell?
    greetz

• Hi,

I believe it should, the issue is renaming of the files which is enabled in 1.4.16f. The file is loaded, deleted from storage and then entered with different compression and filename.

Marcel

• Hi,

Sorry for that, I will look into it and try to get it fixed in the upcoming release. If you can access the crash address (and tell me the version and the bits) that would be useful.

Marcel

• Hi,

I reproduced (and fixed for the next release) the crash, and even though I implemented rewrite to a new extension during normal saving, I failed to implement it for archiving. I will try to do this very soon.

Marcel

• Hi,

in the current release, you are able to recompress from N2 to JK by adding:

ArchiveConverter0 = nop
    Filenamesyntax = .........dcm (any dcm setting)

into dicom.ini. Explanation: A converter can modify the image so it will regenerate a filename with a new extension (inbetween deleting the original image). By making this new extension .dcm, the recompress can occur.

Marcel

• Hi

Ok that seemed to work at least a little bit :-).
    When using this impport converter does this also compare files after archiving?

I found an error from which I do not know if it comes from using "jk" as archive compression or from the file beeing invalid:

Code
    [PACS] ***[DeleteImageFile] E:\pacsarchive0\CR\2010\04\2614413\1.2.276.0.24.216.32618837.4.0.1\1.3.46.670589.30.1.3.1.1625066948.1272571762734.1\000001.dcm -FAILED: file does not contain correct UIDs
    [PACS] ***Could not remove image file from database
    [PACS] Archiveconverter0.0: nop
    [PACS] ***[DeleteImageFile] E:\pacsarchive0\CR\2010\04\2614413\1.2.276.0.24.216.32618837.4.0.1\1.3.46.670589.30.1.3.1.1625066948.1272571764046.1\000001.dcm -FAILED: file does not contain correct UIDs
    [PACS] ***Could not remove image file from database
    [PACS] [recompress]: recompressed with mode = jk (strip=0)
    [PACS] Recompress: cannot rewrite jpeg/rle image in v2 format
    failed selecting patients for nightly moving

All files prior to this one worked flawlessly.
    sadly I have deleted the file (it was not from our institution)..crap!!

• Ah the error probably came because the server could not modify the file, therefore tried to save it with compression n2 - which is not allowed for *.dcm extension set for the converter.
    Could you program/add a failsave to that? either save file in *.v2 extenions or just copy the file without modyfying?

thx

• Hi,

basically the modify image with nop fails because the image does not contain (anymore) the proper uids to select it in the database. Therefore it is not re-entered in the database as a .dcm file and therefore it cannot be archived as jk compressed image. However, this should leave it as v2 image which should be subsequently archived.

What I do not understand is why there are no more error messages. These all come from RecompressPatient which cannot abort the archival. Did you send the complete log?

Marcel

• Mhh,

yeah petty sure it is the whole log content.
    It seems that it declines to write the jk compressed file due to the missing UIDs - which is correct behaviour - and then suddenly aborts the whole archive process instead of just copy the v2 file the archive drive.

Something is definitley wrong with our server now. For last night I set it back to archive in n2 compression and it returned an Error message "could not copy file xyz" to mag2.
    Could this be to the failed archive operations from the last days? - maybe it got stuck at the same file with missing UIDs. Sadly I deleted the two files causing the problem without backing them up, damn.
    Well if the archveal operation goes through tonight we should be good.

• Hi,

how can I, in a fast and safe way, recompress data from NKI to lossless jpeg.
    Local copy causes an error: "SaveToDisk: cannot rewrite jpeg/rle image in v2 format".
    I'm working on version 1.4.16. (didnt see a dgate option --modyfistudy).

best regards
    Covic

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!