Dicom server 1.4.16(k) released !

• Hi,

It is an interesting problem. The server works flawlessly on my test PC, but crashes on another PC, it seems there is some timing issue involved. For instance, enabling debug logging stopped the error there. I will keep on looking.

Marcel

• Maybe not a windows thing:

I just noticed the that files printer_files are too small: just 1 kb. This happens for images to be printed in the database that are V2 (NKI) compressed, apparently the pixel data does not come through. So to summarize:

1) In GUI 1.4.16, call "print image on local dicom server" has a bug that makes it crash the second time arounf, this will be fixed in the 1.4.17 GUI.

2) In the cqdicom.dll shipped with 1.4.16, printing of V2 compressed images is broken. You can test this by sending our test images to the server itself, they will be rewritten as .dcm files. After doing this I have seen no other error messages.

Can you give this a try?

Marcel

• Hi, Marcel.

I did the following:

1) sent .v2 images to server itself. It's ok - they converted to .dcm;
    2) regenerate ddatabase an restart server;
    3) Choose "Print image on local DICOM printer" (or "Print selected images...") and
    got 'Access violation at address 7c910a19 in module "ntdll.dll" Read of address 0000000000' ,
    but images was printed.

• Hi,

Print image on local DICOM printer is broken for 1.4.16 - do not use this option. Once this gives an error things are stuck and more errors follow. If you start the server fresh, and you only use the other options, exactly what sequence - if any - gives an error.

Marcel

• Hi Marcel,

My Name is Oscar Lemmer and I am using conquest-server in production since 2009 in version 1.4.16.

Unfortunately, since my upgrade from ubuntu server 10.04 to ubuntu server 12.04, all the rendered JPEG or GIF images on the conquest webserver are scrambled.
    All images are concerned, thumbs, viewes, viewer....
    Everthing else works perfect (Database search, display of Study dates, patient names,...). Only the actual image data is not properly displayed.
    E.g.: http://www.lemmer.me/dgate.jpg (=original display)

The Dicom-FIles are intact, readable by other standalone DCM-viewers.
    I recompiled conquest serveral times, regenerated the database.
    I tried to compile and install jpeg-8d instead of jpeg-6c, but it didn't change anything.
    All my conquest-settings are still the same, so I think IMHO that problem results from some dependancy/library from the linux environnment that changed ?

Could you please point me in the right direction, because I don't know what else to check.

Thank you very much (and a happy new year),
    Oscar

• Hi Oscar,

this looks like the same bug in the socket code, where part of the data is transmitted as zeros that appeared in Ubuntu 12.04. Ubuntu 12.04 users have gotten around this by compiling dgate on an older system and using the binary on 12.04. But no real solution yet.

Marcel

• Hi Marcel,

Sorry for the late response.

I tried your advice of compiling the sources on Ubuntu 10.04, an using the binary on 12.04. Unfortunately the same bug is reproduced. The images are still scrambled in the webviewer, although all the other functions of the server are running whithout any trouble.

Do you have maby another solution or idea how to troubleshoot this situation ?

Yours,
    Oscar

• HI,

I would just like to comment that though J1 and J2 are the same, not all commercial and freeware software are able to
    import J2 implementation of jpeg lossless. J1=UID 70 and j2= UID 57 should be compatible
    and interchangeable, but unfortunately UID 70 seems to be more universally accepted jpeg lossless transfer syntax implementation.
    I would have wished jpeg J1 was the version you choose to retain. So that Kpacs and efilm ver 1x to 2x can import them directly.

see comment of David Clunie.
    https://groups.google.com/foru…otocols.dicom/jLCdCsrhi7s

ajgg

• Hello,

For Linux I downloaded the file conquestlinux1416.tar.gz.crdownload but there is no dgate inside (no Server executable)
    I run the make process and no dgate was created - see what worked bellow

mkdir conquest
    cd conquest to there
    tar xvf ../conquestlinux1416.tar.gz unpack all files
    cd jpeg-6c make the IJG library
    ./configure
    sudo make
    sudo make install
    cd ..
    cd jasper-1.900.1-6ct make the jasper library
    ./configure
    sudo make
    sudo make install
    cd ..

No dgate was created
    The following commands are not working
    maklinux compile and install web access
    (or: maklinux_dbase, or: maklinux_postgres, or: maklinux_mysql)
    dgate -v -r regenerate the database
    dgate -v & run the server (for ever)

Thank you

Dorin

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!