Change study information in place

• Hi all.

So I finally have my interim database where I need to fix incorrect information. All the ID are normalized and Site information is corrected. These were all Global corrections so I could easily do an ImportConverter to do the fixes as I got them from the commercial PACS.

Now I am at a stage where I need to fix hundreds of studies at a time on specific fields. The first I need to try is 0008 0090 for the Referring Physician. I have physician ID numbers in this field followed by ^LASTNAME^Firstname^(middle initial). The problem, of course, is not the Physician ID... The problem is that the names have variations in either spelling or some may have a ',' comma without a "^" seperator or they have both or just a "^" seperating name portions AND some just plain mispelling of the names.

I am trying to figure out how to go in and basically do an in place batch converter for each Doctor (luckily I have less than 10 docs to worry about) where (for example Dr. with Physician ID of 000375):

ifequal "%V0008,0090[0,5]","000375"; set 0008, 0090 to "00375^LASTNAME^FIRSTNAME^(middle intitial)";

1. Is it possible to do this against a running DB?
    2. Which dgate command to use and does the above statement look correct?

I have to do this muliple times in a 13k study database.

Thanks
    Matt

• dgate --modifyimage:*.*; ifequal "%V0008,0090[0,5]","000375"; set 0008, 0090 to "00375^LASTNAME^FIRSTNAME^(middle initial)";
    dgate --modifyimage:*.*; ifequal "%V0008,0090[0,5]","000470"; set 0008, 0090 to "00470^LASTNAME1^FIRSTNAME1^(middle initial)";
    dgate --modifyimage:*.*; ifequal "%V0008,0090[0,5]","000234"; set 0008, 0090 to "00234^LASTNAME2^FIRSTNAME2^(middle initial)";

For every Physician ID?

Or maybe just easier to install a second instance and run --grabimagesfromserver:AE,date

from first instance and set multiple importconverters with ifequal running against each known physician ID?

Unfortunately, it wasn't till I had the full database in Conquest that I could 'hook up" Crystal Reports to the SQL DB and start running some sample reports that I found the all the errors in physician namings.

I also ran a total db query on patient demographics. Lots of DOBs incorrect, Misspelled names, patients with multiple MRN ids etc....

Waiting for medical records to verify and give me corrections to clean up that data... Maybe I will wait and finish patient data fixes, then do another instance and use the importconverter statements for each physician ID to fix physician names. Would "newuids" be necessary (or a good idea) in the second instance dicom.ini? I 'thought' that newuids were only necessary when changing patient ID (MRN) shrug.

I still have alot of work to do to clean up everything in addition to imaging patients in Xray and CT... sigh.

I appreciate the help. I sometimes don't have time to do alot of my own research.
    Matt

• Just to clarify...

dgate "--modifyimage:image,call fixstuff.cq"

Specifying "image" in the statement will force modify on ALL images in the database?

If not...

How do I run fixstuff.cq against the entire database?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!