Questions from Pakistan!

• Hi Marcel Van Herk!
    I am working as PACS Administrator and Manger in one of the hospitals in Pakistan and recently i had downloaded CONQUEST SERVER on the request of my friend as i need a simple dicom receiver. After running it for three (03) months in the testing phase i discover that this is not an ordinary dicom receiver it is a full fledge PACS with all the features you find in any of the commercial PACS that are available in the market now a days. I had successfully configured the CONQUEST SERVER on windows and now receiving images from CT, MRI and CR/DR modalities and the current image volume it is handling is almost around about 1TB.
    Today while surfing the internet and the forum i discovered this new side of the conquest server. I will be grateful if you answer my following questions appended below:-

1. People say and they are using separate CONQUEST SERVER for storing images of every modality .i.e. CONQUEST SERVER -A for CT , CONQUEST SERVER - B for MRI and CONQUEST SERVER - C for CR/DR (separate server for every modality) whereas there is one master server that receive images and automatically route them to respective server on the basis of modality as well as AET. I want my Technicians from all modalities to send images to one main server (not on separate servers that are configured of each modality )that route the images to their respective servers. (How it can be done).

2. I want my Radiologist who is sitting on VOXAR, VITRAEA, EFILM and KODAK MX-R to query one CONQUEST SERVER not separately for each server. Because currently all the workstations are receiving images from all modalities as they are multi modality. (how this can be done in conquest server when i have configure separate server for every modality.)

3. Does your server offers prefetching????? (if yes, how it can be configured)

4. It is possible to query one Conquest Server and if this server does not find anything route the query request to another Conquest Server and so on? If yes, how to do that? If the Radiologist Server - A for CT but there was no scan found , the query is route to MRI Server . Scans are found on there as well on CR/DR Server. The Radiologist see all the tests performed.

5. When Radiologist query one server , the query should be passed to all the servers and all the scans of that patient whether it has CT scan, MRi, CR/DR all should be visible to Radiologist and he can retrieve any scan of his choice. (How this can be done)

6. Can you if possible post my answers on the forum as well as email them on my email address as some of the forum sites are blocked by our Network Administrator.

Regards

Hammad

• Hi,

here are some anwers.

1. People say and they are using separate CONQUEST SERVER for storing images of every modality .i.e. CONQUEST SERVER -A for CT , CONQUEST SERVER - B for MRI and CONQUEST SERVER - C for CR/DR (separate server for every modality) whereas there is one master server that receive images and automatically route them to respective server on the basis of modality as well as AET. I want my Technicians from all modalities to send images to one main server (not on separate servers that are configured of each modality )that route the images to their respective servers. (How it can be done).

in dicom.ini:
    ExportConverters = 2
    ExportModality0 = CT
    ExportConverter0 = forward series to SERVERA
    ExportModality1 = MRI
    ExportConverter1 = forward series to SERVERB
    etc

2. I want my Radiologist who is sitting on VOXAR, VITRAEA, EFILM and KODAK MX-R to query one CONQUEST SERVER not separately for each server. Because currently all the workstations are receiving images from all modalities as they are multi modality. (how this can be done in conquest server when i have configure separate server for every modality.)

in dicom.ini on master server:
    VirtualServerFor0 = SERVERA
    VirtualServerFor1 = SERVERB
    etc

3. Does your server offers prefetching????? (if yes, how it can be configured)

An ExportConverter can schedule "get study" or "get patient". This means that receiving an image of a patient can trigger collecting other (older) data from other servers.

4. It is possible to query one Conquest Server and if this server does not find anything route the query request to another Conquest Server and so on? If yes, how to do that? If the Radiologist Server - A for CT but there was no scan found , the query is route to MRI Server . Scans are found on there as well on CR/DR Server. The Radiologist see all the tests performed.

etc

5. When Radiologist query one server , the query should be passed to all the servers and all the scans of that patient whether it has CT scan, MRi, CR/DR all should be visible to Radiologist and he can retrieve any scan of his choice. (How this can be done)

etc

6. Can you if possible post my answers on the forum as well as email them on my email address as some of the forum sites are blocked by our Network Administrator.

Marcel

• Hi Marcel,

can you descripe this a little bit more detailed?

What is a good example to go on, if i want to check the incoming patient -> get the description from dicom-field 0008,1030 StudyDescription -> maybe "MR HWS" -> forward all older "MR HWS"-Studies on the Server to a known dicom provider?

Thank you very much.

• Hi,

the get or forward commands can almost do that but lacks the studydescription filter.

get [patient|study|series|image]
    [date yyyymmdd-yyyymmdd]
    [now -ddd+ddd]
    [age -ddd+ddd]
    [modality mm]
    [sop xxxx]
    [imagetype xxxx]
    [seriesdesc xxxx]
    [series xxx]
    [study xxx]
    [after NN]
    from AE

forward [patient|study|series|image]
    [compressed as xx] set compression
    [date yyyymmdd-yyyymmdd] filter absolute date range
    [now -ddd+ddd] filter date range from now
    [age -ddd+ddd] filter date range from series
    [modality mm] filter modality
    [sop xxxx] filter sop
    [imagetype xxxx] filter image type
    [seriesdesc xxxx] filter series description
    [series xxx] filter seriesUID
    [study xxx] filter studyUID
    [after NN] collect delay in seconds
    to AE

Marcel

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!