no CD Drives show up when burning in Kpacs

• I was incorrect. The CD Drives disappeared again. I had to reset nero burn rights.

Even so, When I try to burn, it doesnt appear to read the freespace on the CD correctly. There is definitely an issue with buring. Any advice?

• Dear afm1191

Make sure to install Nero Burn Rights under an administrator account. Then it should be working to burn under restricted user accounts.

If the medium does not read in at first, try reading it in manually again by using the CD button to the left of the status bar in the medium creator. Your CD drives must be enabled for writing, of course. You may also want to try high(er) quality blank CDs in case you've got problems properly reading in the media.

• So clicking the CD icon does seem to help it read the media. Perfect!

However, I am still unable to get the CD drives to reliably show up. I am logged in always under an admin account, but the drives disappear after a reboot. Then I can reboot again, and they show up ok. Its very hit or miss....

• I don't remember getting reports about the media drives not showing up in iQ-VIEW after installing the Nero Burn Rights. I wouldn't expect K-PACS to behave differently.

What operating system do you use? Is the User Account Control (UAC) activated on the system? If so, please try the following to see if that solves the issue:

- Right-click the K-PACS executable and select "run as administrator". Check if the media drives show up regularly when doing so.
      - Temporarily deactivate the UAC (you may have to reboot after doing so). Start K-PACS to check if the media drives show up then.

• Protecting your computer from virus and malware attacks is important. Maybe it would be sufficient to configure an exception in your anti-virus application to allow iQ-VIEW/K-PACS access to the media drives. This way you could enable your anti-virus protection again. Your local IT should be able to help you with that.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!