Problem under WinServer 2003

• Hi. I've just started using K-PACS, and plan to install it on some customer PCs. It's great!!!

I've gotten it working with Conquest and MySQL in a number of different arrangements:

(1) CQ/MSQL running on a Win2003 server; KP running on an XP Pro workstation (also works fine with XP Home and Win2K workstations).

(2) CQ/MSQL running on a XP-Home laptop; KP running on the same laptop (for demo's at client site.)

(3) Then decided to try installing KP on the same Win2003 server as in item (1). But while KP seems to install ok, and will do database queries from CQ, anything involving image transfers fails. If I go into KP's server admin, I can't start the KP server. It was installed and runs under a Win admin account.

Is there something special that needs to be done under 2k3 server?

Thanks for your help.

• Hello,

I've found that under Windows Server 2003, the kpserver will not start if there is another (different) DICOM server already running and listening on the same port as K-PACS but with a different AETitle. Changing the port for the K-PACS kpserver seems to solve the problem and K-PACS and the other DICOM server can run simultaneously.

On Windows XP, however, the behavior I have seen is a different and more subtle problem. If K-PACS and the other DICOM server share the same port number (but different AE Titles of course), kpserver will run, but K-PACS intercepts data sent to the other DICOM server.

Aside from these strange behaviours, K-PACS is a wonderful program. Keep up the good work!

• This is not a problem of K-PACS/iQ-VIEW but of the way the OS network socket is working. A network port can only be assigned to one process at a system at the same time. So applying the same ip port to 2 (or more) different application will always bring up a problem. The only difference at all the different OS (like XP, W2k, Linux OS ...) is how this problem is reported to the user or better, how the socket/OS is reacting when assigning an already used port to an application.

Finally, the only solution is the way wskiger described. Assign a different port to each server application you want to run on a system.

Regards,

Yves Neumann

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!