Re-Initialize Database

• Hello and greetings from Bremen

I have a little problem with re-initializing my Database. I use the integrated Database of conquest 1.4.14 without compression.

The re-initalizing prozess uses only 1 of 8 Processors and this one is running nearly 100% so it takes a really long time (420GB of images (all MRI)) and the process is working since friday 15:00. Now its Monday and 12:00...

any idea how to make dgate use the rest of the servers cpus?

thanks,

Björn

• Hi,

the regen process is single threaded but normally would not get you to 100% processor loading because it should be disk access limited, although the built-in driver is CPU hungry.

There is one possible catch: it may be that you outran the index space in memory. This text is from the manual and may apply to your system:

"The built-in dBaseIII driver runs out of the box. The parameter IndexDBF in dicom.ini should,
    however, be initially set to about 10 times the expected number of million images to be loaded in one
    session (the default allows loading 100.000 images). This allocates enough data to store the index
    buffer. Spare space is allocated when the server is restarted."

Marcel

• Hello Marcel,

it just finished re-initialize :mrgreen:

So do you mean i should change the settings in dicom.ini (it`s now IndexDBF = 1) to something a little bit higher and can I see how many images i have?

thanks,

Björn

• Hi,

to see how many image you have take divide the size of dicomimages.dbf by 1200 or so, use use the explorer to estimate that.

The value of IndexDBF is only important during a regen: it should be set higher then, normally it is set automatically such that there is ample space to extend the index beyond the currenly loaded images. The default (during regen) allows 2.5 million images. The default (during operation) allows 100.000 images to be added after each restart.

Marcel

• ok,

so it will be a little bit more than 1 million images, that should work.

the last re-initialize didn`t work. Just after it was completed, i couldn`t query the old images, only the new one that came in after re-initialize started. Now the "regen" process is running again...

this is the first time i have this problem, every time before i did this it worked really fine (older version of conquest, did just the update...). Could it be a problem of the newer version?

thanks again, Björn

• Hm.

that sound like a serious issue. Was there any error message? As far as I know, the database code has not changed. There is a 4 GB limit on file size on FAT disks, but I guess that is not the issue. How big was the image table?

Marcel

• With the 1200 factor and my 1 Million images the dicomimages.dbf should be a really big file shouldn`t it?

I had only 40GB of free space on that device, could that be a part of the problem :D

Björn

• Hi,

indeed, about 1.5 GB. But I have a test server with a database of 6 GB (4.375 million images). The disk space should not be an issue, as long as the database table could grow.

If you are done with the regen, could you please zip (7 zip does a great job and 7z compresses really wel) the file DICOMImages.DBF. In case of trouble I would like to inspect it if possible. And it is a good idea to backup the files anyway.

Can you check, after the full regen: a query on patients, studies, series and images. I would like to know which, if any, table is corrupted.

Marcel

• So, I`m back on work...

Seems that any thing was wrong last time "regen"... this morning after only 8h everything is done AND works fine! :D

But I`m not so good in counting images... the Indexing Process says I have 10.347.770 records, somothinmg more than I thought. The dicomimages .dbf is 1.537.675 KB.

So Marcel, if there should be anything interesting for you even if it`s working again, please send email or post again
    Thanks again for your very fast reply!!!

Björn

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!