Institution

• I have 15 different iQ-VIEW's and at least 25 k-pacs running. One thing i really need is for the institution to show in the headers as I have a Conquest running and receiving images from 5 seperate places and when I query, I need to be able to sort by institution. is there any way to do that in either program?

thanks.

Pat Stacey

• Hi Stacey,

according to the DICOM Standard, "institution name" (0008,0080) is only an optional query attribute in a study level c-find request and is not supported by most archives. That's why, iQ-View and K-PACS do - unfortunately - not support this attribute. A workarround would be to use an interface software to map the institution name attribute to an unimportant attribute that can be query on study level like "referring physician" or "study description". I do not know if Conquest supports tag mapping on import. Our commercial software DICOM Router does so.

Regards,
    Andreas

• Hi Marcel,
    nice to here from you.

I know that Conquest can map tags on export but can it map on import as well (e.g. map write "Institution name" into "Referering Physician" BEFORE database registration)?

If so, could you give a short example, because I did not find anything in the manual.

Regards,
    Andreas

• Hi all,

This can be done with ImportConverter.
    You have to add a line to dicom.ini
    I use one to change Requesting Physician to Referring Physician's Name
    Conquest maps this before adding the files to the database.

My line in the dicom.ini:

ImportConverters = 1
    ImportConverter0 = set 0008,0090 to "%V0032,1032"

• So if i add that line to my Conquest dicom.ini, substituting 0008,0080 for your line, it will put the institution and title "Institution" in place of referring physician?

I wil try it.

Andrea, we are purchasing imsiPacs, imsiRis, and dicom router pro, but I have to go to training with John Mazur before that. I am the NY dealer.

I was just hoping that I could setup the KPACS/IQVIEW, but this will work also. I am still using Conquest in many places.

Pat Stacey

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!