Missing features after update

• Hallo Andreas,

first of all thanks again for the good job, especially for the new cutlines :D
    Is the scoutpilot still necessary?

After updating to the 0.95beta I miss some features which worked in 0.942. f.e.:

in local mode now the modality description is not shown any more. I only see a blue field with a "?"

in 0.942 I could make a Query to EFilm to see the local exams. Now I get the answer, that there is nothing in (ECHO an Transfer still works correct).

When marking the third possibility in "Lokale Einstellungen" now the VIEWER-Button changes to Retrieve-Button. So I loose the possibility to decide whether I want to retrieve by dubleclick or to view by Viewer-Button.

Is there an chance to get this features back?

Thanks for answer

Johannes

• Hallo Johannes,

in local mode the modality description shows up.
    Query to efilm works, I ve tested that out. receiving and displaying images from efilm as well. So perhaps you should make an reinstalation.
    The small scoutview I dont use anymore. But it could be usefull when making hardcopys, especially when scanning the spine.
    A nice feature is the status.

Gru?
    Hans

• Before updating you should make shure, that KPSERVER.exe and KPSAUTOSTART.exe are not running! Maybe one of these files have not been updated correctly. I tested communication with E-FILM 1.5.2 and it worked. The issue with missing modality information in study level query is more a general DICOM problem but a K-PACS problem. The only way to get information on the modality(ies) of a study is to query for the "Modalities in Study" attribute which is stated as optional in the standard and many vendors do not support it. Some include the "Series Modality" attribute in the answer which is not correct according to the standard, because it is stated as an series level attribute. E-Film for instance does not display modality information when querying a CONQUEST server though CONQUEST supports "Modalities in Study". It probably awaits "Series Modality".

About "Retrieve, don't show" mode:
    This mode was redesigned to be more clear. In DICOM mode you can only retrieve images. If you want to view them you have to change to local mode. This mode is intendet for jobs like retrieving studies from an archive and burn them afterwards (no viewing neccessary) or reading studies from a CD and sending them to an archive.

regards,
    Andreas

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!