[Corrected] Printing with K-PACS

• After downloading the last update, the print-function still seems to have a bug, comparing it with the older version.
    I tried to print in adobe for testing, only the first page of 2 had been printed, no prob with the older version installed on another pc, where the 2 pages had been stored as a pdf-file.
    Apart from that, the button "Studieninformation" doesn t work.
    So could you check this?
    The zooming in the print preview is work, only a little bit fast, to my mind.
    Apart from that bugs k-pacs is the best freeware viewer in the net and I ve installed it in our hospital intranet, the doctors are enjoying it, cause its also easy to install and to handle.
    The guys doing ultrasound are forward looking for an implementation of videocapturing.
    when does the prof. version show up? we could then link it to the kiss of the hospital. is there a possibility for testing, like efilm?

regards
    Hans

• Hi Hans,

unlike the older versions the new version sends a print job for each single page. This is neccessary, because K-PACS will now try to print all images without downscaling. In case of a CT study with 200 images a complete printjob would be more than 100mb! On windows printers this can take an eternity (and would need the double amount of ram because the study is loaded in K-PACS and a copy of it is spooled to the windows print manager). Nevertheless I am considering an option in the INI to change this behaviour.

About study info and page title: I am currently working on this issue and will release an update soon.

regards,
    Andreas

Ps.: The current release date of the professional version is 15.11.05. You will be able to order it via web on CD or download it directly. We are working on a 30 days trial version for testing purposes. A RIS interface is also in developement but may not be ready in the first release version.

• I tried to print in adobe after reading your info, but its not possible to create 2 files when printing 2 pages. So anything must go wrong. We
    Could you be so kind to check it?

• Hi Andreas,

after reinstalling Adobe acrobat, k-pacs could print a ct-study of 40 images in 2 pdf-files. The prob was an incomplete acrobat installation in this case.
    Printing in pdf-files can be useful when using the postscript I guess.
    Some progs in the nuke are operating like this.
    the dicom-license even for paper printers, if dicom connectivity is wanted, often requires almost the same price as you would pay for the printer itself.
    And I hope, that printing hardcopies, what to my mind is old fashion style, will belong to the past.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!