It is possible to use a Conquest DICOM server as reciever in a clinical department that anonymizes all data it recieves.
1) Proper anonymization of even complex data (e.g. RT) changing all UIDs consistently
2) Clinical users to inspect and modify the anonymization script - written in lua
3) Sending data for different studies to one machine, using different AE titles to keep things apart.
4) Integration of processed data into the anonymous patient data
5) Let the clinical people use their systems to see the data - as it has been properly modified it does not clash
6) Even potentially allows de-anonymization of processed data to put it back into the clinical DICOM archive
This is the configuration - after setup Conquest as standard DICOM server (Save config - regenerate database) - you change these items in dicom.ini:
ImportExportDragAndDrop = 1
FileNameSyntax = %calledae\%id\%studydate\%seriesid\%sopuid.dcm
ImportConverter0 = anonymize_script.lua
You maybe need to change the location of log files as defined in anonymize_script.lua. Reversible anonymization will be part of version 1.4.17beta.