K-PACS Server as NT-Service

• Hello to all,

the new Version 0.9.5 brings an NT-Service manager. It is called kpserver-nt-service.exe and you find it in KPACS\K-PACS-Server\

To install and uninstall the server as Windows service rund it via windows console (cmd) with the following options:
    /IM
    /IA
    /U

IM means install as manual service, IA install as automated service, U means uninstall service.

If you install as automated service, K-PACS server will start up with windows ( wheter you are locked in or not).

regards,
    Andreas

• Hi,

I try to run KPACS like you said, but after everything done it's not running without program opening up.
    I checked in windows services it configure to run automatic, servic was stop. Try to start up, it start and stop. I try several times.
    Any instruction please.

nayhtun

• Hello everyone out there,

I´ve tried to start kpserver.exe as service (cmd > c:\KPacs\K-Pacs-Server\kpserver.exe /IA) but i´ve got the Errormessage:

C:\KPacs\K-Pacs-Server>kpserver.exe/IA
    IQ-View Server based on OFFIS DCMTK StoreSCP, IMAGE Information Systems ltd, all rights reserved

storescp: DICOM storage (C-STORE) SCP
    error: Invalid parameter value /IA

Did I make a mistake?

Even with the NT Resource Kit (instsrv.exe and srvany.exe [theWindows way to make a Programm act like a service]) there comes an Errormessage.

What´s wrong?

Gruß, Bommy
    r.bommer@sana-duesseldorf.de

• Hello,

I´ve got it!!! You have to run kpserver-nt-service.exe in the KPacs-directory and not kpserver.exe

C:\KPacs\K-Pacs-Server>kpserver-nt-service.exe /IA
    KPServer - (c) 2005 by Image Information Systems ltd.-

Attempting to install "KPServer" as an autostart service
    "KPServer" was successfully installed

Okay, that´s it

If You can read, it is advantageous!!!! :wink:

• Hi,
    I would like to know if it is possible to copy the figures that are made to do a measure in an image. For example I draw a circle and I want to copy it to other images.
    Other question is if the center of that circled can be determined with the programme.

Thank you very much.

• I am attempting to use kpserver-NT-Service.exe on Windows 2008R2 with no luck.

I get this when I run the command:

Code
    C:\KPacs\K-Pacs-Server>kpserver-NT-Service.exe /IA
    KPServer - (c) 2005 by Image Information Systems ltd.-
    Attempting to install "KPServer" as an autostart service
    Error!
    The system could not find the environment option that was entered.

I have two questions:

1. Are there any plans to release and updated version of kpserver-NT-Service.exe or, barring that,

2. Does anyone know of an approach to loading and running kpserver as a service on Windows 2008 that actually works?

Thanks!

• any update as to this question? I have the same problem. Regards

• Dear glynnm

Please keep in mind that both iQ-VIEW and K-PACS are workstation software and are not meant to run on server operating systems.

The DICOM server component of iQ-VIEW has been largely improved. The IQSERVER can be installed as Windows service and will run as such. The server administration tool has been enhanced and now allows a very easy configuration of the DICOM SCP component.

Feel free to try the latest version of iQ-VIEW on workstation OS, such as Windows 7 or Windows XP.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!