K-PACS 1.5.0 automatic bmp conversion?

• Hi there,

I just changed from K-PACS Version 1.0.1 to Version 1.5.0. Now, I get a BITMAP file extra for every DICOM file and I did not find a way to change this in the settings.

This means a duplication of the amount of data, which is getting a problem as I am downloading very long fMRI series. I just don't need any bmp fils...

Thanks for any helpful comments!

Best regards,
    Til

PS: By the way: thanks for the otherwise wunderful software! :-)

• The bitmap is the thrumbnail you see in the upper part of the viewer. It is created of the first image of each series but not for each single image. You might have mostly "one image per series". Nevertheless, I am not aware of a setting to avoid the BMPs. Maybe Andreas could put some light on this.

• Well, the latest version of the server creates a bmp thumbnail image for every stored DICOM file but with a fix resolution of 200x200 pixel which is not very big and will not duplicate the amount of data. This function is needed for the thumbnail preview bar in the study browser window.

Regards,
    Andreas

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!