get rid of unused paper formats in iQ-VIEW 2.7 print manager

• my DICOM printer only has 2 film formats: 10x12 and 14x17 so I'd like to delete all others formats that appear in the "paper format" dropdown menu (see screenshot).

[Blocked Image: http://i0.simplest-image-hosting.net/thumbnail/paper-format.jpg]

is there any way to tweak the print dialog in order to remove the "paper formats" I don't need and keep only those I want?

I hope this could be achieved modifying some of the .ini files but I need to know which one.

• These list items cannot be removed or changed in any way.

Whenever we will be enhancing the print manager I'll keep that in mind. Right now it seems a bit tricky to me how to implement it nicely. Since the profit of such an implementation is so low, I'd have to find an easy and quick way to justify the efforts of that implementation.

• Quote from Erik Virtel

Since the profit of such an implementation is so low, I'd have to find an easy and quick way to justify the efforts of that implementation.

well, in my opinion the profit would not be low, since anytime I have to print an image the current list with 2 used formats and 6 unused formats makes selection tricky and annoying.

anyway I filed an issue report on Mantis.

http://mantis.image-systems.biz/view.php?id=2738

• adding more format is good but it would be a nice thing to let the user decide which one he really needs.

at least there should be an option to customize the order of the available formats so users who only have 2 different film sizes could put them on top instead of having to scroll trough a long list.

something like this is possible in the list of PACS nodes location; I can customize the list order by manually editing the proper .ini file

is there any .ini file I could tweak the film size order this way?

• Unfortunately not but we have your feature request in our system. And we also have an idea how to accomplish this without too much effort.

New features come with a lot of documentation and validation overhead when developing medical devices so we cannot ship them in short cycles.

In the end I have to ask for your patience.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!