mysql/drag drop problem.

• I need to throw out an issue.
    I am running a mysql 5/conquest 14beta system.
    When I drag/drop directories, the system often hangs after some number of files. The problem seems to occur more often with one hospital, but the problem is sporadic. That is, we hang on file x, I reboot, file x goes next time. The institution is not unique in that I get films from several similarly equipped institutions (centricity/radworks, toshiba aquillion CT, HD4000 US).

The problem is that the instance of conquest stops resopnding in the middle of processing files. A look at Mysql administrator shows multiple connections. If I let the system sit, the number of connections increases until mysql stops accepting new connections. Stopping/starting the conquest service or mysql service does not solve the problem. I am using the modified my.ini as set forth in the manual. The problem requires a reboot. The problem seems to occur when the system has a large number of small files to process (large CT/MRI sets).

I suspect it may be a mysql issue (rapid disconnects?) but am not good enough at mysql troubleshooting/optimization. I have been fighting with this since I tried to rebuild my image files in noncompressed form with conquest 12c.

Anyone have any ideas or solutions?

LJJ

I have a suspicion that this is a mysql problem

• That's where that was. I knew I read about the disconnects. You may want to make that a sticky.

Anyhow, the registry changes :
    Code:
    REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters]
    "MaxUserPort"=dword:0000fffe
    "TcpTimedWaitDelay"=dword:0000001e

were already in place.

I did change my dicom.ini tcpiptimeout from 300 to 900 and trying it again.
    LJJ

• No, hung up again. Hmm. This is a relatively fast new machine, server 2003 sp2.

Ok, tcptimedwaitdelay is set as low as possible 1e (30)
    maxuserports is fffe (65534)
    And I still hang during large drag/drops.

I will try adding:

MaxHashTableSize = 65536 (Decimal)
    MaxFreeTcbs = 16000 (Decimal)

see if that makes a difference.

Also, I was thinking. The dicomini setting: tcpiptimeout. I should probably reduce that back to the default 300, right? Extending it will potentially make my problem worse.

Any other ideas?

LJJ

• Hi,

No clue what the problem is. But in any case, TCPIPTimeout only affects dicom transport, not transport to the sql server, so that will not make any difference.

For the record, can you setup a dbaseIII or sqlite (test) server and make sure the problem does not occur there? Just to isolate any server problem from mysql.

Marcel

• Thanks Marcel,
    I will try a non mysql drag/drop. In the meantime, I have come across a couple of "similar" issues of server 2003 handling ephemeral ports vs win2000. This could be a server 2003 specific problem...
    LJJ

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!