K-PACS Version 1.5 ?

• well there are a lot of changes:

study browser:

there are two more tables (which one can open/close and resize), one is a patient level panel and the other is a thumbnail preview panel

viewer:
    new annotation "round ROI" and also new "modify" and "delete" tool to change annotations position/size
    Series thumbnail popup for easy navigation between different series/studies (right click over a thumbnail image in the thumbnail bar at the top)

burn dialog:
    DVD creation is now possible. The new internal library allows CD/DVD creation without the windows XP service IMAPI

Import:
    Support for Jpeg2000 compressed DICOM images

Server:
    now multithreaded. Max. 10 simultaneous associations supported

Stability:
    revised memory management. Stability should be improved.

Regards,
    Andreas

• After using the upgrade option of version 1.5 the info button in k-Pacs shows version 1.0.1. Bug or feature?
    Thanks for making the new version available.

Could not find the ROI annotation option in updated 1.5 german version

Georg

• Hi Andreas

I will try to install from new. it seems that the update process did not run correct although the server was stopped.
    Thanks for the reply

Just installed version 1.5 from scratch. Now all the new features are there.

• Quote from thatch

However, I have installed ver 1.5 but am really not sure what changes have been made. I was hoping for more annotation functionality.

The one thing I've noticed so far is that when I click the server admin button, CPU usage goes to 100% due to k-pacs.exe.

I have the same experience with k-pacs.exe and CPU usage, and have searched and haven't found any explanation yet. In my case, both version 1.5 and 1.0.1 fully load the CPU when I click on server admin, as well as when I double click on an image to be retrieved from the PACS. The CPU doesn't get released until the whole image is retrieved. If anyone can explain this behavior I appreciate it.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!