forward patient question.

• Is there a way to limit the "patient forward"? That is to say, limit forwarding by same modality or body part?
    ie, if a Chest CR comes in forward patient's chest CR exams?
    I did not see a way to do this from the manual instructions.

Thanks, LJJ

• Hi,

Unfortunately not yet. The new option in version 1.4.13:

Code
    exportconverters = 1
    exportconverter0 = forward patient to AE

will do the whole patient. I was thinking to maybe later make options like:

forward last 2 studies to AE

Maybe you can think of a (simple) syntax that whould allow your request. Something for the wishlist.

Marcel

• Well,
    Time and modality is the most useful. The forward patient feature is almost unusable for me because of critical care patients. A clinic sends an single image portable chest and forward patient send 100s of images of old CT angiograms, etc. This is a constant problem during the work day, the workstation is slowed down by acceptance of 100s of not useful images.
    A filter is really needed to make this feature work.
    1. Modality. We should be able to limit by modality. ie, a CR pulls up old CR studies, CT old CT studies.
    2. Time. Either limit by time or old exam. So, limit by t-365 days for old examinations or x old studies.
    3. Body part matching would be nice but not necessary.
    4. Allowing the user to specify patient matching criteria. So; match by ID and/or last name and/or birthdate. Again, this would be a nice but not necessary feature. I have patients who go to multiple institutions and so have a clinic ID, hospital ID, perhaps a second clinic ID. Matching by LAST NAME (AND) BIRTH DATE rather than just PATIENT ID is nice.

Anyhow, I have not programmed for years but will peer at the code to see if I can help. This request is a lot of work.
    The first two points (time and modality matching) are really needed to make the forward patient feature work. The others are icing on the cake.
    Thanks,
    LJJ

• I am thinking along these lines with several optional clauses [] in the delayed forward statement:

forward [patient|study|series]
    [compressed as xx]
    [modality xx]
    [date yyyymmdd] or [date yyyymmdd-yyyymmdd]
    [to AE]

The modality clause can then be a fixed one [modality CT] or the same as the incoming image [modality %m]. If a modality, or date clause is sepcified all series from the entire patient are transferred that match the clauses.

The date clause is easy to implement but an age clause would easier, e.g., [age -365+100] to give an age range in days relative to date of image.

Marcel

• Yes, that syntax is good.
    Define patient/study/series is necessary I think.
    The compressed clause is a good idea.
    The modality clause is necessary.
    I agree, the date seems easiest to implement (and most useful) as age relative to the study, probably as +/-days.

Thanks,
    Leszek

• Hi Leszek,

I am adding:

[age -ddd+ddd]
    [now -ddd+ddd], where +ddd is optional

To filter on studydate in days relative to the recieved object (age) and relative to now (now).

It is possible to add other clauses (like bodypart) but in the current implementation every clause requires extra coding in several places. Maybe it is possible to use an SQL statement syntax instead.

Marcel

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!