Write to NAS problem.

• I have some insight on the write to NAS problem. The issue stems from Microsoft's improper handling of mapped drives. In short, a service is unable to write to a mapped drive unless a service running a local account maps the drive.
    A workaround is to use the machine path rather than the mapped drive name.
    So, in my dicom.ini, setting mirror to x: where x: is my mapped drive errors out. But, setting mirror to \\machine name\path works fine.
    Phew, now a have a easier way of setting up offsite backup.
    Hope this helps someone,
    LJJ

• I forgot to specify that I have the service log in under the administrator account rather than "local service" in the service preferences menu. It does not seem to work if the service is run under "local service". Permissions problem I suppose.

• I have never been able to copy/write more than about 100.000 files over network share before windows crashes.

But if you reboot the system before you copy/write about 50.000 files you should be save.

Has anyone else experience with this???

(Same goes for writing to USB disks, drives me crazy when trying to copy large amount of dicom files.)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!